As reported in the Wagga Daily Advertiser, W2Olives Wagga scores a clean sweep of Australian International Olive Awards on debut. The article went on to say,
“ONE of Wagga’s olive oil producers has beaten a number of heavyweights to secure a clean sweep of trophies in the extra virgin category at an international awards night last Friday.
Held in Albury, the judges of the 2019 Australian International Olive Awards gave W2Olives Wagga’s Hardy’s Mammoth EVOO product the Best of Show.
Beating a strong field of gold-medal winning entries, W2Olives’ single varietal product also took top honours across all eligible categories, including Best Southern Hemisphere, Best Australian, Best NSW/ACT and Champion Robust.
The accolades are an impressive result for the Wagga boutique producer in its debut at the competition, made more impressive because its was W2Olive’s sole entry.”
The full results are:
The Champion and Best of Show Winners
- Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Show – W2Olives, W2O Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best Flavoured Olive Oil of Show – Bylands Estate T/A Kyneton Olive Oil, Kyneton Olive Oil Chilli
- Best Table Olive of Show – Saluté Oliva, Saluté Oliva Semi Dried Olives
Best of Southern Hemisphere
- Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Southern Hemisphere, sponsored by GOYA – W2Olives, W2O Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best Table Olive Southern Hemisphere – Saluté Oliva, Saluté Oliva Semi Dried Olives
Best of Australian
- Best Australian Table Olive – Saluté Oliva, Saluté Oliva Semi Dried Olives
- Best Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sponsored by Braud Australia – W2Olives, W2O Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Best of State
- Best New South Wales/ACT Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sponsored by NSW DPI Oil Testing Laboratory – W2Olives, W2O Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best South Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sponsored by Olive Oil Packaging Service – Nasmin PTY LTD, Nasmin FS-17
- Best Tasmanian Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Lauriston Grove, Lauriston Grove Hardy’s Mammoth
- Best Victorian Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Boundary Bend Limited, Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca
- Best Western Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Monochorum Ltd t/as New Norcia Services, New Norcia Olive Oil